WHAT IF THERE WAS A WAY TO STOP RUNAWAY CLIMATE CHANGE WHILE BOOSTING THE ECONOMY AND PUTTING MONEY IN YOUR POCKET? IT’S CALLED THE CARBON CASH-BACK SOLUTION, AND WITH YOUR HELP, IT COULD BECOME A REALITY.
We held a local conversation on national policy
Curious about how your family, the economy, and the planet could benefit from a carbon cash-back solution? Check out our free online session featuring local experts.
What is carbon cash-back?
When pollution is free we get too much of it. We can put a price on climate pollution by charging fossil fuel producers a fee. By giving all the money collected from a carbon fee back to every citizen equally, we’ll drive emissions down and protect family budgets during the transition to a clean energy future.
How will it benefit families, the economy, and our planet?
- The Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act will drive down our nation’s carbon pollution and bring climate change under control.
- How it works: A fee is placed on fossil fuel production and imports at the source: mine, wellhead or port of entry. 100% of net revenue collected is returned equally to American households as a dividend to compensate for associated increased costs of goods and services.
- Families get paid
- Money goes back to households as a carbon dividend: they choose how to spend it.
- 80% of middle and low income households will see a net-positive income boost or essentially break even.
- 2⁄3 of all families will receive more money than they pay in higher prices, ALL individuals retain control of their energy choices.
- In year ten, a family of four would receive a $4,410 annual dividend.
- Find out how much your family would receive.
- It’s good for our economy
- New Hampshire currently spends $4.5 billion out of state for fossil fuels annually – that’s over $3000 per resident
- Will create 2.1 million jobs in local communities in the United States over 10 years
- Will address the $240 billion in annual costs resulting from the environmental & health harms of fossil fuels
- Learn why more than 3,000 U.S. economists are recommending this solution
- It creates a healthier environment
- Currently, 114,000 lives are lost each year due to air pollution
- 295,000 lives will be saved through 2030 because of improved air quality
- It is an effective climate change solution
- Will reduce climate pollution by 40% in 12 years and by 90% in 30 years
- Will stimulate the growth of New Hampshire’s renewable energy industry and incentivize energy efficiency
See how carbon cash-back adds up
EN-ROADS is a cutting-edge simulation to test climate solutions and generate climate scenarios for the future. It is available online for free or you can join a simulation session with a local facilitator.
- Tell Congress you support Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act
- Remember to personalize your letter:
- Why do you think carbon cash-back is the best solution?
- How would it help your family or business?
- Send the Clean Energy Team a copy of your letter so that we can demonstrate local support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consider helping your town to sign a resolution
- The Carbon Cash-Back Coalition offers tools and guidance on how to do it.
- Need help? Contact us and we’ll connect you with someone who can help.
- Another option is to encourage your town select board to Endorse the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act.
- Join the Citizens’ Climate Lobby
- Stay tuned for an upcoming New Hampshire legislative session on carbon cash-back in 2021. Join our mailing list and we’ll keep you informed.
- Remember to personalize your letter:
For businesses, nonprofits, and other organizations and influential leaders
- We’re collecting endorsements from individuals, businesses, nonprofits, organizations, etc. to demonstrate local support for state and federal level policy.
- Endorse the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act
- Send a copy of your letter to the Clean Energy Team so that we can demonstrate local support at email@example.com.
- If you would like to attend or host an EN-ROADS Climate Solutions Simulator presentation for your organization – including a new business-focused presentation that will be available in 2021 – contact the Monadnock Sustainability Hub.